Q. What is “BOTOX” & how does it work?
Ans :BOTOX is botulinum toxin type – A, a natural purified protein, produced in a pharmaceutical laboratory. It acts by reducing the nerve stimulation to muscle & therefore causing muscle relaxation when injected into it and creates a smooth, rejuvenated and more youthful appearance. Tiny amount of Botox is injected into selected facial wrinkles using a very fine needle. Treatment takes 10 min. and you can resume normal routines immediately.
Q. What are the conditions that can be treated with BOTOX?
- Frown lines between eyebrows.
- Horizontal forehead lines.
- Crows feet or smile lines around eyes.
- Marionette lines
- Horizontal neck lines
- Platysma muscle vertical neck bands
- Square face due to masseteric muscle hypertrophy
Q. What are the precautions to be taken for BOTOX injections?
- Aspirin certain medicines should be stopped one week before BOTOX injections and the injection should be avoided
- When there is known hyper sensitivity to any ingredient in the formulatio
- During pregnancy and to lactating mothers
Q. when is the effect of BOTOX visible and how long it last?
Ans : %2